Buttery cookies made with brown sugar. These chewy Brown Sugar Butter Cookies are an easy dessert to make! If you love sugar cookies.
Makes 24 Prep 40m Cook 12m
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, for rolling
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer.
- Scrape down sides of bowl, add egg and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, salt, and baking powder. Add to butter mixture and mix until just combined.
- Scoop dough out in 1 1/2 tablespoons and roll into balls. Roll balls in granulated sugar.
- Place on baking sheet and flatten gently with a fork. Chill for 30 minutes, then bake until centers are set but cookie hasn’t browned, 10-12 minutes.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!