How to make a simple and delicious chocolate cake? I suggest you try this recipe! This chocolate cake had great success with my little cousins: they both wanted the method to give it to their mother! Chocolate addicts can add a chocolate coating or serve with a chocolate coulis.
FOR 8 TO 10 PEOPLE
- 200 g dark chocolate with 52% cocoa
- 125 g of soft butter (or half salt for gourmets)
- 100 g T65 wheat flour
- 1 sachet of baking powder (10 g)
- 4 large organic eggs
- 200 g caster sugar (or rather 150 g according to the comments)
- 1 pinch of salt
FOR CHOCOLATE CAKE
And here are the steps to prepare a delicious chocolate cake:
1. Cut the chocolate and the butter into small pieces. Melt them in a double boiler until you have a homogeneous mixture. Remove from the heat.
2. Add the sifted flour and baking powder too the melted chocolate.
3. In a bowl, whip the yolks with the sugar. Then add the chocolate preparation.
4. In another bowl, beat the egg whiites with a pinch of salt. Gently incorporate them into the chocolate preparation.
5. Pour this mixture into a molded pan covered with parchment paper (24 to 26 cm in diameter).
6. Bake for around 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven at 180 ° C. Watch the end of baking by pricking the cake with the blade of a knife: it should come out dry. Let the chocolate cake cool thoroughly before turning out.
Tips on the chocolate cake recipe
Why sift flour and yeast?
For the cake to swell evenly, it is essential to mix the yeast well with the flour before adding them to the mixture. And to mix well, the easiest way is to sift them using a fine strainer or a sieve.
Why beat the egg whites in the snow?
They will bring softness and lightness to your cake. It will not be dry at all. Be careful to incorporate them gently, using a flexible Maryse, lifting the dough from the bottom to the top.
Beat the whites, yes, but …
Several Internet users were moved to have a cake that swelled well during baking but which, when falling, fell cracked and offered a less beautiful appearance. To remedy this, skip the step, “beat the egg whites.” This cake supports very well not having the whites mounted in snow. You will save time and obtain a more aesthetic result.
So it’s up to you, white in snow or not, it’s up to you!
Serve this chocolate cake with a little icing sugar or decorate it with chocolate shavings (as below). To make them, grate a square of chocolate with a peeler.