Are you ready for one of the BEST muffins you’ll ever taste? Cranberry Orange Muffins are spectacular and certainly one of my favorite comfort foods. These sweet muffins are filled with loads of fresh cranberries, pecans, orange juice and orange zest. The streusel topping has pecans and brown sugar, then the glaze includes powdered sugar and more orange juice.
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 2 tbsp. orange peel freshly grated
- 12 oz. bag fresh or frozen Ocean Spray cranberries rinsed
- 3 cups UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour bleached flour toughens baked goods
- 1 cup sugar divided use
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tbsp. cold unsalted butter or coconut oil
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 large eggs well beaten
- 1/2 cup UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pecans finely diced
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter cold, (1/2 stick)
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp. orange juice
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Wash and rinse cranberries.
- Place in large bowl.
- Add nuts, orange peel, and ½ cup sugar.
- Stir well to combine.
- Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, remaining ½ cup sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender.
- Add orange juice, eggs, and cranberry mixture.
- Stir with wooden spoon to combine.
- Grease muffin tins very generously to avoid sticking.
- Pour muffin batter into prepared muffin tins to the top.
- Add streusel topping.
- Bake at 425° for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350° and bake muffins an additional 15-19 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool muffins in pans about 10 minutes before removing to wire rack.
- Drizzle glaze over top.
- Yield: 18 muffins.
- Combine flour, brown sugar and pecans in a mixing bowl.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender.
- Sprinkle streusel topping evenly over each muffin.
- Press down lightly with fingers so topping adheres to batter.
- Bake as directed above.
- Combined powdered sugar and as much orange juice as needed to make a glaze.
- Drizzle glaze over top of each muffin when cool.