Chicken breasts stuffed with a creamy spinach, parmesan, mozzarella, and cream cheese filling and pan seared to perfection. The result is tender cooked chicken filled with a gooey trio of cheese that will melt in your mouth.
- 4 4 oz chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- For the filling:
- 2 cups fresh spinach chopped or 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 4 oz cream cheese at room temp
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- salt to taste
- To Make filling:In a medium bowl, combine spinach, cream cheese, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, garlic, and salt + pepper until fully combined.
- To Butterfly your chicken breasts: lay them flat on a sturdy surface. Place one hand on top to hold it in place and then slice 3/4 of the way through the chicken breast (be careful not to slice all the way through).
- To Stuff the Chicken: Season the outside of the chicken with chili powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Spoon 1/4 of cheese mixture into the middle of the cut chicken breasts and fold the chicken so the cream cheese is sealed inside. Use toothpicks to secure chicken if desired.
- To Cook: Heat a non-stick skillet on medium high and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cook the chicken, covering the pan with a lid, for about 9-10 minutes per side or until the chicken is cooked through.