Taco Bake (sometimes known as Mexican Pizza) is a simple and quick weeknight meal with layers of tortillas, ground beef and salsa con queso!
EASY LAYERED TACO BAKE
One food item I always seem to have in my pantry or in my fridge are flour tortillas. They are good for so many things. Tortillas can be made into so many different types of snacks for kids (and grownups). You can cut them up and fry them or bake them. You can make cinnamon chips, quesadillas, tortilla pizzas….The possibilities are endless…and easy on the wallet too.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- water as called for on back of seasoning packet
- 3 (8- inch) flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup salsa con queso
- 1 1/2-2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Brown and crumble ground beef.
- Drain excess grease.
- Add in taco seasoning and water (following directions on back of seasoning packet).
- Once the taco meat is ready, turn off heat and add in 1/2 cup salsa con queso.
- Give it a good stir until thoroughly combined.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray an 8-inch round baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Layer the bottom of the pan with a flour tortilla.
- Now add about 1/3 of the ground beef taco filling on the the first layer.
- Then add 1/3 of the shredded cheese.
- Continue until you are done with all the layers: another tortilla, more taco mixture, more cheese.
- Bake at 350F degrees for about 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and edges are slightly golden brown.
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes. Slice and serve.