Everyone loves spinach artichoke dip! It is packed with flavor and golden brown ooey, gooey, goodness. This will be the best spinach artichoke dip you’ve ever had!
Gather your favorite people, because this is a party favorite! Whether you are planning a family get together or a Superbowl party, spinach artichoke dip is a must on everyone’s list! This recipe contains so much flavor and is so easy to put together. No need to wait for a party to enjoy it! Tuesday night Netflix and chill? Not complete without cheesy spinach artichoke dip.
To make this recipe even easier, you can prep everything the night before, refrigerate, and pop it in the oven just in time for your event! Not sure what to serve it with? You certainly can’t go wrong with sourdough bread or a toasted baguette, but you can try any type of bread or cracker. If you want to cater to the healthier crowd, the crunch of fresh, crisp vegetables would pair nicely with the gooey cheesiness of the dip.
- CAN I USE FRESH SPINACH INSTEAD OF FROZEN?
Definitely! To use fresh spinach, make sure you first remove any woody stems. In a skillet, add a couple teaspoons of olive oil and cook until wilted. Chop and then squeeze out any remaining moisture. For this recipe, 10 ounces fresh spinach should cook down to 3/4 cup drained, and is equal to 5 ounces of frozen spinach.
- WHY ARE THERE CHUNKS OF CREAM CHEESE IN MY FINISHED DIP?
Have you ever tried to dip a cracker into spinach artichoke dip, only to have said cracker break in two? Unmixed in cream cheese is to blame! When first mixing in the cream cheese, ensure that you mix thoroughly for the full 1-2 minutes to avoid these dead spots of dense cream cheese.
- CAN I MAKE THIS IN THE SLOW COOKER?
Yes! Add all ingredients to the slow cooker. Cook on high for 2 hours, or low for 3-4 hours. Make sure all ingredients are combined, and cheese is melted before serving.
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic peeled and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach thawed and drained
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a small baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, garlic, basil, salt, and pepper. Gently stir in artichoke hearts and spinach.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish. Top with mozzarella cheese. Bake in the preheated oven 25 minutes, until bubbly and lightly browned.